Hotmail login page now opens to Outlook login. If you are a new user then, you must create an account first, Without Hotmail account, you cannot login or signin. Visit Hotmail sign in page through either www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com.
With lots of additional features, ranging from prioritizing work and email responses, Outlook or Hotmail account have come along way since it was launched in 1996. What started as a basic web-based email service has been turned around with additional features such as calendars, task functions, meeting invites, recalling a message, formatting options, etc.
Hotmail has been a personal favorite of people across the globe and still gives a nostalgic feeling of those revolutionary web-based mailing service days. Reforming the way world communicated and reducing barriers, business and economy both grew manifold.
www.hotmail.com login page – Steps for Hotmail Sign in
The Outlook domain has a new Hotmail login process comprises and those who haven’t accessed the same for quite a long time, they can have a quick look at the steps mentioned below:
Visit Hotmail Login Page
- Type in Hotmail.com or MSN.com as users would do before and the web page would be redirected to the new domain.
- The web page which has opened will shoe common login panel providing you with a common interface to different services provided by Microsoft. Do not get confused that since this is a part of Microsoft offering, so Hotmail cannot be accessed. Simply enter your username, i.e., the email address in full.
- Thereafter on the next page seeks, fill in your password.
- Once the details are correctly entered, the access is granted to your existing Hotmail inbox with the complete new offering like Outlook.
Here are some of the main features of Hotmail services let’s have a look at them and try to avail their facilities by knowing them.
Hotmail Login Services
With the advent of free mailing service, the steps to log in to one’s email account was quite simple. A user would follow the following steps were required to complete their log into Hotmail accounts:
- Go on to Hotmail domain by typing Hotmail.com or MSN.com. This exercise could be done through the MSN home page or Hotmail main web page.
- Only two basic details were required – username and password.
- Users mostly had one system back then and the option to remain signed in would further enhance user experience as they need not add their login credentials again and again.
But this simple process also had its own share of disadvantages leading to security breaches every now and then. In order to take control of this situation, Microsoft came on board and help clear the security bugs and reinstating the trust of its million users.
Benefits of new Hotmail Login domain
Since Hotmail has transitioned to Outlook, the advantages to look at have significantly increased. Let’s have a look at the same:
- The urban and professional interface that Outlook offers can also be enjoyed by Hotmail users as well.
- Unlimited storage helped store as much information as a user would want to.
- Calendar and contact management features enable you to get easy to information without looking out across your email account.
- Integrating various Microsoft services under one’s Hotmail account eliminated the need of creating multiple email accounts and different passwords to remember them. These services would range from Office Online, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, etc. This feature alone attracted a lot of new users to come and join Outlook.
- Security features have since been enhanced to prevent malware attacks, account hacking, etc.
A whole new bunch of features of the new unified webmail platform of Hotmail provides access to a whole new inbox experience. These features include:
- Categorization – easy sweep features to organize clutter email as well as to organize emails in different folders.
- Integration – Several new services launched by Microsoft such as OneDrive, Skype, Office Online and a few others could be enjoyed by users with the login details of one single Hotmail account.
New Hotmail.com Login Features
With a new domain, came new security features and guidelines which are as follows:
- The password is recommended to be a combination of at least 8 characters – a mix of upper case and lower case alphabets, numbers, special characters, and symbols. With your unique combination of these characters, your password will be strong. While making a password ensures that the password you create, you can recall easily.
- Additional personal details such as name, DOB, etc. For the name, you will be asked to key in your first, middle and the last name. You can fill in the DOB details from the drop-down menu by selecting the correct date, month and year.
- You will also have to fill in details with respect to your country of residence. There will be a drop-down menu in the country/region box, click on it to choose your current location. The Outlook can also automatically detect your location and fill the country/region in the respective field by itself.
- You can register your phone number and link it to the account by one step verification process by providing the OTP generated in the process.
- Once you are done with OTP you will be successfully registered with it and can avail all kind of wide range of facilities.
The above details come handy to confirm identification in case one is logged out of their account.
Secure Hotmail.com login Account
Data security is the talk of the town as everything gone digital in today’s world. In case a login is attempted from a different device, Microsoft detects and requests verification data. In order to add strong security controls, it is recommended that the verification process has been put in place.
The next option is to verify whether the email is being created by you and not by someone else with your credentials. In case one has forgotten their account password of Hotmail, there are different ways one can recover the same:
- One of the options is providing an alternate email address. Through a link provided below the login panel, one is taken to the next page where one needs to key in the alternate email address.
- You will be asked to provide your mobile phone where a One Time Password (OTP) verification would be initiated and the mobile number shall be linked to your account. Once you provide the OTP verification code correctly as received on your mobile phone, your phone number verification is complete and it is successfully linked.
- By saving additional information by choosing two security questions and saving answers to them. At the time when one needs to retrieve their password, these questions came to help.Provide personal based questions to which only you have answered no then no one else can break into your account.
All the above verification processes can be activated to make logging into your Hotmail account a more secure experience. While you are syncing your phone, the verification process requires a code to be typed in, which is sent as a text message to the number you register on your account. This process of mobile number verification can be accessed everytime you log into the email account.
These are some of the benefits Microsoft provides to ensure that Hotmail users have a secure logging inexperience.
Hotmail Sign into Different Devices
With Outlook apps, you have the advantage of logging into your account on the go. In order to do so, simply open the Google Play Store app on your Android device and type “Outlook” in the search option. Download and install the Outlook app. Enter your credentials and you are good to go.
Let’s take a quick look at the advantages for such on the go service:
- This will make Hotmail a more user-friendly email service to use.
- Check your business correspondences at frequent intervals.
- Create as well as share different Office documents while on the go.
- Integrate your social media accounts as well. Check updates, posts, and conversations on such platforms and take part in the same.
Ever since Hotmail has transitioned, old users can still continue to use this service will be able to do much more with the new features. Hotmail will always remain close to the hearts of millions of people who used it then, who found it convenient, very comfortable and user-friendly to use.
Signing off with Hotmail to avail it’s all kind of service is now easy for you if you will use the current data in the given form only. This information will be most valuable if you really switch one device to another for singing in or may be in a job that you need to switch one place to another. In this situation, this information will be most reliable and helpful for you.
Despite all the transition and new look, one can still access their old correspondences and folders they had created on this platform. So we can be relieved there is no loss of data. Hotmail.com email service still works and Microsoft has not completely done away with the same even though Microsoft had stopped the Hotmail services and transformed it into Outlook.com
Hotmail has been in existence since the late nineties. Hotmail was the first ever web-based email service and has been considered a novelty since then. Today there are several users who have used Hotmail for two decades now. Today Microsoft has integrated Hotmail and Outlook on the same modern webmail interface.
Hotmail also helps introduce the concept of free email service based on the World Wide Web. Users experienced the freedom of being able to create an account that was free on this platform and communicate in real time for free. With an internet connection, communication was so easy with the revolutionary Hotmail services. It is no doubt that millions of users still access it every moment and has become an intricate part of their lives.